Sunday, August 7, 2011

I would like to present.......


After a long 7 weeks, hours upon hours of studying, lots of screaming and fighting, I would like to present the lifeguards of the year 2011 at Camp Timberlane. All my CITs here passed the Waterfront Lifeguard course. I couldn't be more pleased than right now. After almost three hours, we finished the final practical this morning and was able to present the CITs to the camp at lunch. It was an awesome experience to say the least.

The past couple of days have been extremely eventful. Yesterday we had a day called Pow Wow Day to remember all the tribes of Native Americans. It included having opening ceremonies, leg wrestling, several events, "heavy dew", silent lunch, and several other things. It all came to the tug of war (not really but we say so anyways), the kids really love it and get into it.

Tonight was a social was a girls camp and now I can finally see why girls are scary to guys. We are scary but the guys welcomed the nurse and I with open arms. We were accepted as one of the guys that they would come to for advice. We were the only two girls from our camp that went. It was intresting and I appreciate our camp so much more now.

Well until next tim when I have more time to update.

No comments: