Friday, May 20, 2011

New Adventures

I know that no one is most likely not reading this but...... I am soooo excited for this adventure to start.

I am finally done with my Water Safety course and I passed which means I can
actually teach swimming to people and know what I am doing. The class was really fun when we weren't freezing in the water the last week. They had us swimming close to a mile everyday and I am scared to say I am actually going to miss swimming that much. I felt so much better after doing that. We did three teach backs which mean we actually have to give a lesson to our peers and then they tell us what we did good and what we could improve on.

The next adventure is going to MN to take a Lifeguard Instructor course. It is a 4 day course that I get certified in like 8 different things by next Wednesday. I have go to MN since the instructor quit his job in Orlando. Still miffed at that but I get to see my brother-in-law while I am in MN so it is a little better.

After my course there, I am traveling with a staff member to WI to where my camp is. I am really excited. This camp has done a lot for me and I can't wait to start teaching and give back to the people there that have so much faith in me. It will be a lot of sleepless nights but I am excited to start. It is a lot of responsibility but I think I can take it.

I will post more when I get the chance to. I will even add pictures.

No comments: