Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Times at Camp


So I have started my new time at my camp. It has been an amazing experience so far with meeting all the people in this "community" and learning all the different things about camp here. I couldn't have asked for a better office. This is my office every day:

I get to see this everyday. I am so excited. I have lived everyday since at this area except when I have other meetings and even then I ask if they can be down by the lake.

So far I have taught a full lifeguard course, a CPR challenge, a lifeguard challenge, lifeguard verification, and also swim observations for half the staff here, which is about 80 people.

We have people from all over the world. They range from Columbia to Poland. Their job descriptions vary also from kitchen to directors of activities. It is a pretty neat kind of atmosphere that can only be explained by being a counselor. The kind of family bond that you get with people from here is amazing. We only have been with one another for a few weeks and the bonds that are formed are already amazing.

There is an amazing game here that I want to bring home. Think about four square, add some volleyball, and then add a trampoline. It is amazing!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Toots, we just read your blog and we are sooo impressed. All we can is GO! GO! GO FOR IT! the thing or the only one that is in your way is you. (YOU CAN DO IT). We will be pulling and praying for you which we do every day.
LOVE YOU DAD & KARLA