Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oh the little things...

Oh the little things in life.....

This week I have almost been to the breaking point and back again only to repeat and have a full meltdown in the middle of the hallway with my best friend and my dad on the phone only 250 miles away.

For those that don't know I am an engineering major and along with it, a lot of tears, blood, sweat, and having no social life is to be thought of. Silly me, I take on as much as I can handle and then a bit more just to see if I can do it. This semester I have taken upon the job of being my sorority's secretary and social chair and also engineering student council secretary and Engineering Week chair. Both are really big jobs along with my course load.

Among all of this I have totally forgot the tiny things in life that I used to enjoy. The laughter of my friends from inside jokes that we have. When my dad uses the pet names he gave me when I was like four or when I was 16 at his work place and everyone started calling me it. the joy music can bring to people and even the joy of going on a weekend vaca. The sound of rain and thunder and cuddling with dog on the couch because we are both scared.

No matter how much I put on a face of being a tough person, I do have the fears of a normal person and I am just a normal person and I need to remember that also.

No comments: