Wednesday, December 21, 2011

When it pours....there is always a rainbow right?


So this month has been a challenge and it isn't over yet. I'm not going to lie, this month sucks majorly! When it pours, it really pours but then have you ever looked during a major storm there is always a rainbow at the end. I guess that is what is keeping me going through this month. So I guess I should explain my situation first.....

1. Finals started the month off. Awesome start, if I do say so myself. Well here lies the first problem. One of my professors decided he was going to change my grade without telling me and letting the class know the Excel sheet he put out was wrong. So I went from a B to a C-. Well if I knew this was going to happen, I wanted to take the final but he said since the final was done there was nothing that they could do about it. Awesome, NOT! Long story short, I went to the dean and shared the problem and watched my professor change my grade back. Muhaha, and I have this professor next semester (so I thought). I am doomed.

2. While number 1 was going on, I get an amazing letter from the summer camp that I worked at the previous summer saying they really liked me but was moving in a different direction in the program. Could they have said this earlier, most likely but that wasn't up to me. Let's just say, my dad had to listen to me for about two hours on the phone along with my friends. I think total phone/face time was about 8 hours with different people. I was so shaken from this I couldn't even speak to the director since I am pretty sure I would say something I didn't mean, like I literally was shaking and I am glad they are in a different state.

3. After all of this what else could go wrong, right? Well I get a lovely letter from school saying I have been dismissed because I have a 1.979 GPA for the semester. I am supposed to have a 2.0 GPA, didn't know this! So now I have sent in a petition to the Engineering College so they can overrule this decision so I can continue my education here.

4. Christmas is almost here and I hopefully can spend it with my family. I started a new job and I am working more than ever and hopefully I can squeeze some time to spend with my sister, my brother-in-law, my dad, and my step-mom. I miss my family soo much and I wish I could spend more time with them. They are my support line and I don't know what I would do without them.

Out of all this, I realized a lot of things. It doesn't matter where you are in life, stuff happens and it will be okay in the end. Just like my dad has been telling me through all this, all things are happening for a reason it might not be clear right now but it will in the end and also when a window closes a door opens with more opportunities.

Love you dad!

No comments: