Saturday, January 7, 2012

Always the friend, never the girlfriend


So I have been looking forward to one of my good friends come to visit and we have found out that we both had feelings for one another. So we decided that this time he visits, we will try going out on a date and see what happens. I was really happy for the first time in about a month. I really wanted to see where it goes since we know each other on so many levels.

Well I just got the devasting phone call this afternoon, asking if I still wanted him to come to town. He has found someone else and decided that he wanted to see where this relationship went instead before we did anything. Of course, I want him to be happy but should it cost me my own happiness? I told him that he is still my friend and I still want to see him regardless and hung up. I don't understand why I am always the friend but never the girl friend? I understand this relationship would be a "long" distance relationship and I am usually hardly never jealous but damn it why. I feel like I deserve that much. We will have a serious talk when he is here but until then.....

I still want him to be happy with whoever. I can cast the illusion right?

No comments: