Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The spread between school and camp...

It is that time again when I have to get ready for camp but it seems that I am going back later to camp this year to the point that I actually get to spend my birthday at home. I can't explain how exciting this is for me. I haven't spent a birthday at home since I was 12, so about 11 years. I have had 11 birthdays at some sort of camp. Several things are happening within this time between of school ending and camp beginning. Several things are also changing also.

I guess I can start out with the camp that I am going to. The camp name is Camp Lohikan and is located in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I will be in a real summer camp, the type that I have seen on TV. Yes, I am not going back to the camp in Wisconsin but alas this new camp I am excited to go to. I will be teaching swimming, teaching lifeguarding, and being in charge of the swim team. I am very much excited for the swim team. I will also be living with girls again and being a counselor. I missed that very much last year. It is really interesting to see how my camp experiences have changed me into the person I am today and how different the camps are.

My birthday....I don't even know what to do. It has been forever.....

No comments: